Information For Parents
- School Calendar
- Staff Directory
- Report Card/Progress Report Calendar
- Lunch Menus
- Response to Intervention - Information about the DPS model of student support
- Helpful Academic Websites - These sites have been chosen by the WG Pearson faculty to help students and parents review what was covered in class!
Ways to Get Involved
- P.O.W. (Parents of WG) meet on the second Wednesday of each month, at 6pm in the WG Pearson Media Center. We look forward to seeing you at the POW meetings!
- Volunteer Opportunities - We are always in need of parent volunteers to help out in classrooms, the media center, the main office, with athletics, and more! For current volunteer opportunities, please contact Kim Macdonald (firstname.lastname@example.org or (919)560-2208 ext 85223).
- School Improvement Plan - Please contact Principal Valerie Andrews (email@example.com) if you are interested in becoming a parent representative on the School Improvement Plan Committee.
- To subscribe to the WG Pearson parent email list, please email Dayna Durbin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sign up for DPS email news
- Get Durham Public Schools Twitter updates
- Get Durham Public Schools Facebook updates
We truly appreciate your support in helping raise funds to purchase supplies, technology, books, and other needed items for our school!
- Box Tops for Education - We are still collecting box tops! Please turn them in to the main office. Visit the Box Tops for Education site to learn more.
- Coke Rewards for Schools - We are collecting codes from Coke products to earn supplies for our school. Please click here to download a flyer with more information. You may also drop off the codes in the main office.
- Scholastic Books Fairs - The Fall Book Fair will be held in November 2012. The Spring Book Fair will be held in April 2013. All proceeds go to purchase new books for our media center!